Commercialization & Licensing of Patents
We have extensive experience in protecting and commercializing your valuable patent rights.
We understand our clients’ commercial goals and provide innovative, tailored advice from the time parties are preparing to engage in research or innovative activities through to the management and commercialization of the results of that research or activity.
The depth of expertise of our commercial team arises from years of experience in legal issues surrounding commercialization of intellectual property rights. Our patent commercialization and licensing team can assist with:
- negotiation and drafting of all types of patent related commercial agreements such as co-development agreements, research agreements and joint ownership agreements
- advice, negotiation and preparation of confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, consultancy agreements and clinical trial agreements
- undertaking due diligence and audits
- advice on issues relating to the ownership and exploitation of patents and the structuring of patent related transactions
- advice on competition issues, both restrictive business practices and consumer protection, including trade practices audits and advice
- development of internal patent management strategies
- evaluation and packaging of technology rights (including patent rights with confidential information, designs, copyright and trade marks), and the negotiation and preparation of licenses and assignments
- advice, negotiation and preparation of joint venture arrangements, franchise and distribution agreements and sale of business arrangements
- identifying and approaching potential commercial partners for your technology or products